We are all delicate.
We all long to be held.
Blossoms; blushing and bubbly,
children; tears and honey,
Stones; singing particulate and bones.
The mountain reaches, crumbles and cries out.
A lonely emperor, shattered, reduced to a mournful echo.
All existence yearns for tenderness.
Click here for inspirational song of the week.
Yields 2 servings
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 med onion (sliced in half moons)
½ tsp minced jalapeño pepper (use more if you prefer more heat)
½ tsp sea salt
4-5 small roma tomatoes (from last weeks food box)
1 delicata squash (cut into rounds with seeds removed)
4 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 ½ tbsp minced or micro planed ginger
1 can organic coconut oil
a handful of fresh chopped basil
a handful of fresh chopped cilantro
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked black beans
Garnish: fresh peanuts* (boil in salted water for a couple minutes)
- Heat oven to 350°
- In the oven, melt the coconut oil in a 12 inch pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with onions, and then layer with the remaining ingredients excluding the coconut oil, cilantro and basil.
5. Add coconut milk and bake until the squash is soft when poked with a fork.
6. Remove the squash and mix the sauce with cooked rice, black beans, basil and cilantro.
7. Fill the squash rounds with the black beans and garnish with whole basil or cilantro leaves, scarlet runner flowers and fresh peanuts.