Beet, Pear and Pecan Parfait
Yields 2 servings
1 cup thick creamy yogurt (Foxhill’s un-homogenized is the best)
1 tbsp honey
1 cup beets cooked and peeled
2 tsp cocoa
2 tsp honey
1 pear core removed and cubed
2 tsp butter
1/2 cup pecans
pinch of sea salt
Sprig of thyme for garnish
1. Mix the yogurt with 1 tbsp of honey and rest in the fridge.
2. Pulse the beets in a food processor till they are evenly and finely chopped. Add the cocoa and 1 teaspoon of honey and process till evenly incorporated.
3. Saute the pears in 1 tsp. butter on medium heat till they are soft and golden brown. Remove from heat.
4. Saute the pecans in 1 tsp. butter till they are warm, add honey and salt, turn heat to low. Cook till pecans are browned and candy-like. Break them up with a fork and toss 3/4 of them with the pears.
5. To assemble the parfait: Layer the ingredients as follows in two large wine glasses or glass of your choice. Cocoa beets, yogurt, pears and pecans, yogurt, remaining pecans, thyme to garnish. Serve warm or refrigerate for later.